Hello, welcome to Learn Projects.
Our passion at Learn Projects is to help you get projects done. We do this by making it easier for you to deliver projects. This, in turn, enables you to provide greater products and services while saving money and increase revenues.
Rather than this be a typical about us page it will instead be about you and your projects.
If you answer yes to any of these questions below then we can help you.
- Do you have a project that is stuck?
- Do you wish you could do projects better?
- Do your projects never seem to end?
- Do you have lots of change to do but don’t know what to do first?
- Do you find you never seem to have enough resources to get your project done?
- Do you have lots of business transformation to do?
“If you have answered yes to any of these questions then you are in the right place.”
Get in touch and let us help you get your projects done.
Projects keep getting stuck even after hiring project managers. What do you pay them for?
As we have seen the pace of change is unrelenting whether it is technological advancement or environmental change such the changes that came out of Covid 19. Companies are forced to adapt or risk going out of business. There is pressure on businesses from shareholders and owners for projects to get done quickly and cheaply. The problem is there seems to be a never ending list of projects and not enough people to do them.
Companies therefore act and hire professional project managers but still projects get stuck!
The project managers then tell business owners you need a project process a structure a framework but still projects get stuck!
Then they get told they have put in the wrong process and need a different one. Maybe they tried Prince2 and now they are being told to implement Agile but still projects get stuck!
After trying a couple processes that don’t work they then buy some glossy project management software but still projects get stuck!
So why is this and what can you do about it?
The reason this keeps happening is it is not the projects that are the problem. It is confusion that is caused by trying to do too much with too few and not enough money.
The confusion is then made worse with more people involved and as money gets spent there is less to go around. Once a project gets stuck it is even harder to get moving again. To stop projects getting stuck there are a couple of techniques you can use.
- Do one project well rather than lots badly. We can help you identify the project you should be doing
- Give clarity to all team members on what the one project is. We can show you how to do this.
- Forget all the other projects for the time being. Have a project roadmap; we can help you build this
- Break big projects down into smaller projects. We can show you how to break projects down so you can start realising the benefits sooner.
A bit about us and our founder
Learn Projects was established in 2016 by our founder Barry Hodge with the purpose of helping people to get projects done.
His project management journey started by delivering a flying school for the RAF.
If you would like to read more about Barry’s project management journey you can click here to visit his LinkedIn profile.
Learn Projects can help you:
- Reduce the costs of delivering projects
- Speed up project delivery
- Get projects unstuck
- Get more projects done
How we do this is by:
- Listening to you on why projects are getting stuck
- Provide actionable steps for you and your team
- Coach and mentor senior management, project managers and teams to deliver projects effectively
- Deliver fun and engaging training that brings project management to life
- Provide highly experienced project managers on a full time or part time basis so you only pay for the project management that you need
- Making it easier to get projects done